Saturday, August 27, 2005

Time Cop

Dear Mat Riders,

Let me tell you, I am lucky to be alive to write this post man. Last night, after reporting the news, i go to meet Agent Black Mamba for a secret mission of great importance. The mission is to find the truth behind the missing crown of Sang Nila Utama.

We all tot that the real reason that he lost his crown is because he had to throw it into the sea to stop the storm. But that is a conspiracy my friends. The lion story is a cover up. The only and earliest way that a lion could be found on the island is because Chinese Muslim Admiral Zheng Hu went to africa to catch these beasts and he might have let them loose on the island. But that was much later in 1405 onwards. Actually, i just dapat evidence that the crown was stolen and i am going to investigate.

So i flew to Orange County where Agent Black was waiting for me. He then strapped me up into his time machine to send me back into 14th Century Temasek. The technology can be seen in this article. To prepare for infiltration, i had to disguise myself. So i change into my sarong and lose my hush puppies underwear.

April 19th, 1307 was the date when the disappearance occurred. I had arrived one day earlier to do some recon work. The palace is on top a hill now called Mount Faber. Hiking up the hill is no joke man, almost get asthma. In the present day, i only drive or take cable car there.

I had to sneak into the palace and find the treasury. It wasn't hard to infiltrate the palace even though the day before i was unsuccessful. They said, Mat's were not allowed in the palace. I understood. They were afraid that i could have been a spy from the Srivijaya empire coming to sabotage them. You see, the Srivijayans ruled the Malayan region up till 1290 before it fell to the Kendiri and Majapahit empires. Sang Nila Utama were allies with them.

So this time i came prepared. I wore a turban and disguised myself as a singh. The guards questioned me at the gate. Armed with my abacus, I told them that i was going to do the taxes of the palace employees and they let me in. After a few minutes, i finally found it, the treasury. I walked in slowly not to make a noise. I bent down, picked up a coin to examine it. It was beautifully crafted. I then began looking around for the crown but i was too late. The crown was already gone. As i turned to escape, i knocked against a golden pot and it crashed to the ground. This raised the alarm. I could hear soldiers making the way here.

I had to get out, i told myself. Too late, two guards had already arrived. I had no choice but to fight. The guards armed with their keris, charged at me. It was easy taking them down with my akido training from watching Steven Seagal movies. As i ran out, i could hear the guards shouting, "Mahkota Singh kapor ah! Singh kapor ah!" (Singh stole crown).

Bells were ringing and everyone was on high alert. They were chasing the wrong suspect. A voice in my head was screaming at me to escape. All i could really hear was my heartbeat thumping fast. Then i suddenly remembered that Agent Black told me all i had to do to get back was to press the panic button on the transponder on my wrist. Suddenly a guard saw me and hurled his spear at me. I closed my eyes and clicked............

I woke up to find myself back in my bed. Yesterday's event was a blur to me. It felt like a dream but a violent one as my body was aching all over. My eyes shifted to my clenched left hand. I opened it slowly and there was a gold coin.

Agent Mat Love

No comments: