Sunday, August 21, 2005

Mat Love defined

This is for all you people that are curious about what Mat Love means. Mat is not the thing you put on the floor in front of the door. Mat ( pronounced Mut ) is a malay slang. It is a term that we use to call another malay guy like dude or bradda. Some malays feel that the term is exclusive to them so when some people of other races call them mat, they feel that it's racist, like nigger. So malays are even named mat when they were borned. So this is all so confusing. I think i go with the 1st one. Verdict is clear. Mat = dude. ( I change my mind. Mat is all 3 definitions. Be sensitive using it )

So people ask me, eh, why you choose Mat? You are more chinese than malay wat. Then i say, yeah lah, by blood. So technically, i about 75% chinese cos my mother also half chinese. I even got chinese surname. But then a lot of people tried to confuse me when i was growing up man. In school, my 2nd language was malay. My teachers said chinese too hard for me, always fail. Dunno if it's because they don't want to teach me. How i know? I think the teacher also got pressure need to deliver good grades. If not sekali cannot get promoted. I only primary 2 then they put me in malay class. So when i tell people i'm chinese, they don't believe me, cos i tak speak chinese. People say, eh, how can you be chinese when you cannot speak chinese. Then i say, eh kotek, how come penguin is a bird when it tak fly.

Then, what about Love? I dedicate the 2nd part to my girl lah. Today is my girl's birthday but she's not here with me. Sometimes people shock when i tell them how long we together. She always ask me if i love her and i always give model answer from the dating 10 year series. I will do anything for her man. Then she ask for diamond, big big carat. Then i say no problem, carrot on sale at shaws this week.

Ok, today i end with a message to my girl.

Some people need a kiss a day to seal their love, others need flowers everyday. I just need to see you to keep falling in love all over again.

Later,
Mat Love